Monday 23 April 2012

Convent Garden, Piccadilly Circus and a Private Party

Hi my friends and family,

I have lots of time on my hands today as it's raining and freezing cold here today!It is always raining in London and I have always got my 'I love London' umbrella in my bag now to be prepared.

Drinks and dinner in Convent Garden with Natalie Brown:
On a trip to Sydney I met a British girl called Lucy whilst staying at Shane's house. She seemed lovely and we had a fun night out at Ivy and Arq the gay club on Oxford st. Lucy asked me to add a girl called Natalie as she was travelling alone just like me and she thought that we might get along. It was totally random and I would never just meet up with someone I didn't know in Australia but as I am over here alone I thought I would make the most of every opportunity and meet her. We decided to meet at Earls Court Station and leave heading on the tube to Convent Garden from here. She seemed really nice and easy to get along with. She is a Texas girl and had been to London before so new how to get around on the tube also. We looked around not knowing where to go once arriving in Convent Garden and I decided I wanted to go to a pub that had a restaurant upstairs which looked packed outside. It was called the Wellington so how could I walk past it!lol We each got a main meal and shared our entree and desserts. We had deep fried brie for our entree, it was the first time I had tried it and it was delicious!! After our meal I got talked into buying a 'Big Issue' magazine from a homeless man in the street while I was having a smoke. Anyone that knows me knows that I find it hard to say no to people once they start their whole spiel about why I should buy something!ha I was in Armidale NSW one time when I got talked into signing up for contributing to the provention against cutting down trees!ha Of course I cancelled it as soon as I got home but geez I'm hopeless!I had a bottle of wine at dinner so was excited to head to Piccadilly Circus after dinner with Nat.

Piccadilly Circus:
Piccadilly Circus is a road junction and public space of London's West End in the city of Westminster. In this context "circus" is a Latin word meaning circle-it is a round open space at a street junction. The Piccadilly Circus is close to major shopping and entertainment areas in the West End. Its status as a major traffic intersection has made Piccadilly Circus a busy meeting place and a tourist attraction. The Circus is particularly known for its video display and neon signs mounted on the corner building on the northern side. I loved Piccadilly Circus at night as it was buzzing with energy and there were so many people there!

There were men everywhere along the street trying to entice people into their clubs. I decided I wanted to go into a club called 'The Ruby Something....' lol Too many drinks!I loved the music in the club as it was playing old school hip hop and R&B music. I wished that I was there with my friends back home when I heard the music that was playing as it was kind of akward dancing with someone I barely knew!lol Nat decided she wanted to go and find another club and then head onto a friend of the person she was staying with private party if that makes sense ha

The Westbury Bar and Nightclub: (http://www.westburybar.com/)
After leaving Piccadilly and Nat trying to contact her friend Millie to find out where the club was we caught tubes and buses only to find that we had gone in the complete wrong direction. I was getting a little annoyed as I just wanted to get there and her friend wasn't picking up the phone to tell us where the party was. grrr Eventually she called back and I told Nat just to get a taxi!So I got to hop into my first London black taxi yay :) It was very spacious and you could fit around 5-6 people into it which was weird. We eventually got the club and the line was huge!It was freezing but London girls obviously have leather skin as they were dressed in barely anything and didn't feel the cold. Here I was rugged up in a shirt,long sleeved jumper and a huge jacket and was still freezing ha Nat spoke to the door people and got us in ahead of the massive line of people as her friend was on the door. Millie's friend was leaving to go overseas to Australia which is kind of ironic as I was only doing something similar a couple of weeks before at my farewell. I got introduced to a few people and we started drinking and being served from a private bar in a private room which was cool.

I started talking to people and mingling and met a guy called Charlie who was British, trendy, had a good personality and was quite goodlooking with my wine googles on lol We started chatting and he asked did I wanna go and dance to the dj in the bar. I did and he was very flirty and seemed to like my bum!lol Anyway this is kinda weird considering my parents will be reading this but I know that my close friends are wondering if I have been hooking up ha We drank a little more and then when it was about time for both of us to go we exhanged details and started pashing lol He was a great kisser and it was nice to meet a fun guy that night. Nat wanted to go home :( so we decided to catch the bus back to where we were staying. I felt so sick on the way home as they bus was stopping and starting brrrrr I felt like spewing but held it in lol All in all it was a good night and I'm glad I got a little taste of the British nightlife. I don't know if Nat and I will catch up again but we had a fun night.

PS I heard from Charlie and he asked to meet me again this week until he was called into work. I have a Contiki meeting and am dropping extra clothing I have decided I don't need and having dinner with Holly this week so it was a little bit of bad timing. We have been keeping in contact and he is going to take me out for drinks and to a mad club apparently in Soho when I get back from my 3 week tour so thats a little exciting :)

Love from London until my next blog
xx
Nat and I at the neon signs in Piccadilly Circus

Nat in a British telephone box

Natalie (Texas girl) and I at Piccadilly Circus 

No comments:

Post a Comment